Delaware Valley Accountable Care Organization (DVACO), located in Radnor, PA
The DVACO is a limited liability joint venture corporation comprised primarily of two major health systems: Jefferson Health and Main Line Health, serving the Greater Philadelphia region and southern New Jersey. DVACO was accepted into the Medicare Shared Savings Program for the 2014 start year, and now includes 2,000 physicians serving over 180,000 lives. DVACO contracts with four commercial payers and serves Medicare beneficiaries, making it the region’s largest Accountable Care Organization. At the core of operations, DVACO is committed to working towards the achievement of the triple aim: better outcomes, better experiences, and smarter spending. Our culture embraces innovation of healthcare delivery models through collaborative work with physician practices, health systems and employee wellness programs.
Care Coordinator Opportunity immediately available.
The RN Care Coordinator facilitates patient continuity of care with the healthcare team and coordinates care for high risk/complex patients by collaborating with the patient, family, physician, nurses and other members of the healthcare team under the clinical direction and oversight of the Primary Care Physician.
This position requires occasional travel within a 25 mile radius of Philadelphia and working approximately 70% from home and 30% in the office or travel to member sites. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the development of the patient’s care plan
- Collaborating with the Primary Care Physician to provide leadership in issues of outcome management, disease management and prevention
- Serve as the patient’s primary conduit to the primary care provider
- Engage and encourage patients to take an active role in their health by providing them with the tools necessary to make healthy lifestyle choices
Qualified candidates will have:
- Valid PA RN required, MSN preferred
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, Bachelor’s Degree required
- Case Manager certification preferred
- Five years of experience in clinical utilization management, home care, discharge planning, and/or case management required
- 3 years of experience in a managed care environment preferred
- Ability to interact with physicians and other health care professional in a professional manner
- Computer proficiency, knowledge of NCQA (PCMH) guidelines for care management and knowledge of managed care models financial reimbursement systems, management processes and utilization management issues.
- Applicant must have a private and confidential workspace at their home
Please apply to http://www.mainlinehealth.org/careers, Care Coordinator, DVACO, job id 43441 Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing. Please, no agency calls. We are an equal opportunity employer.