Amazing career experiences that make a difference. DVACO provides opportunities to become part of a diverse team that drives the clinical initiatives to transform healthcare in one of America’s most vibrant regions.
“In this time of my career, I can’t imagine a greater opportunity to enhance and transform the US Health Care System every day.”
Chief Operating Officer
Current Job Openings
The Delaware Valley Accountable Care Organization (DVACO) located in Radnor, PA is a limited liability company that is owned by Main Line Health, Jefferson University and Hospitals, and Magee Rehab. DVACO’s purpose is to enhance the quality of health care and reduce the growth rate of health care costs by acting as a convener, accelerator, and provider of the foundation needed to assist its participating members to transition from fee for service model, a business model focused on volume to a model focused on population health. For further details visit DVACO.org
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist– Radnor, PA
Reporting to the Chief Clinical Officer and working within a collaborative team environment, the Clinical Pharmacy Specialist leads development and implementation of a pharmacy program which will improve the quality and safety of patient care while reducing waste and cost. These pharmacy initiatives, applied across the ACO population of MSSP and commercial beneficiaries, will include treatment protocols, policies and procedures, and educational programs based upon medical and pharmacy literature review. The Specialist considers budget and costs, and identifies opportunities to promote more cost-effective pharmaceutical choices, reduce pharmacy costs, and meet budgeted goals. Candidate will utilize his or her expertise across multiple specialty areas to work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team to optimize medication regimens in order to achieve outcomes related to the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of disease. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Guiding strategy for initiatives developed for DVACO
- Developing targeted pharmacy education plans and initiatives
- Serving as a resource to collaborate on health system member pharmacy initiatives (inpatient/outpatient)
- Determining best practices and promote standardization of pharmacy related efforts across ACO.
- Chair with the DVACO Pharmacy Committee
- Developing with DVACO leadership the annual Pharmacy Strategy
- Reviewing and reporting on monthly ACO pharmacy related Clinical and Financial targets and initiatives
- Working with Pharmacy and administrative leaders of ACO member hospital systems to promote efficient pharmaceutical contracting
Candidate must have their Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) Degree, completion of a post-graduate residency or fellowship preferred, have a current Pennsylvania pharmacy license and be in good standing with the Pennsylvania Board of Pharmacy. Board Certification (i.e. BCPS, BCNSP, BCOP, BCCP, BCACP, etc) and/or specialty credentialing (i.e. CDE, CGP, CACP, etc) are preferred.
A minimum of 3 years of Pharmacy leadership experience is required. Must have experience in clinical and educational program development, budget development and financial goal achievement, financial and clinical reports, executive-level presentations, teaching, working in an administrative environment requiring multi-tasking with flexible management of meetings on-site and at member institutions, email and phone communications and project management. Effective communication skills, both verbal and written are strongly desired. Some travel between DVACO office and health system partner offices will be required.
Apply at www.mainlinehealth.org/careers, Job ID 41823 and send resume to BarrisonR@MLHS.org. Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing. We are an equal opportunity employer. No agency calls please.
The Delaware Valley Accountable Care Organization (DVACO), located in Radnor PA, is a limited liability company that is owned by Main Line Health, Jefferson University and Hospitals and Magee Rehab. DVACO’s purpose is to enhance the quality of health care and reduce the growth rate of health care costs by acting as a convener, accelerator, and provider of the foundation needed to assist its participating members to transition from fee for service model, a business model focused on volume to a model focused on population health.
- Reporting to the Director of Population Health Informatics and IT, the Claims Data Analyst works collaboratively with the DVACO leadership team to develop data collection, measurement tools and databases to support the analysis of data from multiple sources, primarily claims files associated with DVACO contracts.
- Analyzes, interprets and generates reports on performance related to overall outcomes, utilization, risk adjusted total cost of care, population health, and care coordination.
- Develops reports, dashboards, scorecards and other analytic results necessary to support activities relating to managed care contracting, hospital and physician inpatient and outpatient quality outcomes and the quality goals set by the DVACO.
- Works with DVACO Pods to manage the MedInsight application including monthly data refreshes, upgrades, training for end users, etc.
- Works with payers and the DVACO data integration analyst to validate the contents of the payer claims files prior to their utilization.
- Works with DVACO claims data files and analytics tools to monitor aggregated and drilled down performance including risk adjusted efficiency and claims-based quality metrics.
Other Accountabilities and skills:
- Uses proprietary vendor and other software packages (e.g., MS Excel, MS Access, Crystal Reports, Visio) to create user friendly data collection systems and efficient reporting and analysis outputs.
- Acumen and ability to work with external partner Pod, Physician-Hospital Organization (PHO), Clinically Integrated Network (CIN) or other organizations to gather information, share data, and effectively move projects forward.
- Support clinical analytic integration across DVACO and its Pods to lead the effective use of analytic information to improve healthcare.
- Develops and implements methods for optimizing database reliability and validity.
- Strong conceptual analytical and quantitative skills; Strong data collection, manipulation, and analysis skills.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Healthcare related field or in progress.
- Thorough knowledge of actuarial and/or medical terminology and sound data analysis techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of CMS CCLF files and attribution processes
- One or more years of experience working with and modeling CMS CCLF files.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience with PC-based applications such as Windows, MS Office, and Relational Databases (i.e. MS Access, Excel, SQL, Oracle). Excellent skills utilizing word processing, spreadsheets and data file management software.
- Experience in large claims data file management is required including industry standard fields and file structures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of health insurance claims analytics, including HEDIS Quality measures, risk adjustment methodologies, efficiency of care and utilization metrics.
- Experience developing standard and ad-hoc reports and analysis to support management decision making. Demonstrates proficiency with information systems supporting population health management and other personal computer software applications such as Microsoft Office (Excel and Access) Experience working in a large, complex, multi-site organization preferred.
- Regional travel throughout DVACO market essential – valid driver’s license and own vehicle. Small amount of out-of-region travel as needed.
- Able to work long hours with a varying schedule including early morning and evening meetings as needed.
Please apply to http://www.mainlinehealth.org/careers Job Id 41443 . No agency calls please. Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- The Quality Improvement Analyst will align performance measurement and analytics with QI Initiatives.
- Develops and assembles reports to be timely, accurate, informative and useful. Facilitates safe, effective and high quality health care. This includes, but is not limited to: data supporting clinical quality, clinical effectiveness, patient experience, practice transformation and care coordination.
- Analyst must be competent to operationalize the performance measurement Quality Improvement initiatives and Patient Experience. Together with QI team, is responsible for determining measures, targets for QI/organizational goals, setting up appropriate analytic methodologies and helping DVACO partners and internal leadership/staff to identify opportunities for clinical/process improvement.
- The Analyst’s role will also include researching data benchmarks (national and regional), transforming data into actionable insights, and engaging DVACO leadership as needed in QI improvement efforts. QI Manager contributes to activities for diverse projects and provides mentorship and guidance to internal/external team members and organizational leaders.
- Analyst will work with Quality Director to provide administrative support for coordination of presentations, meetings, and communications.
- The analyst will maintain an understanding of internal and external initiatives and their implications for evidence-based, data-driven improvement efforts.
- In consultation with QI Director, the manager develops standard metrics, recommends goals/targets, and provides results with which to monitor quality measures patient experience and organizational performance with DVACO physicians and partners, CMS and, commercial partners.
- Works with the DVACO finance and contracting teams to align clinical data and reporting with current and proposed ACO contracts, including participation in payor joint operating committees as needed.
- Demonstrate expertise in the areas of healthcare analytics, statistical analysis, research or other key aspects in the healthcare setting.
- Will have a working knowledge of CMS metrics and programs, measure methodology and benchmarking, Pay for Performance (value-based purchasing) programs, population health and accountable care organizations (ACOs) requirements.
- Provides expertise on key areas such as quality, patient experience and population health.
- Will work to evaluate current and future state workflow needs and make critical decisions regarding transition from a manual report-development department to a more data mining and analytic program with available internal resources, and external vendors.
- Develops report production schedule and assures timely and accurate completion of deliverables, requests, presentations and other Performance Measurement and Analytics tasks.
- Creates and maintains highly efficient, accurate, technology driven data collection, analysis, and reporting practices to support quality, safety, experience and clinical outcome improvement.
- Works with QI Director and those requesting reports and analyses to select projects aligned with DVACO strategic plan and annual goals. Works with staff to organize and prioritize activities to complete projects and tasks.
- Assures the flow of data needed to produce reports, including external data entry on schedule, where applicable, access to, downloads and interfaces for data from electronic sources. Seeks and leverages new data sources and data techniques for more effective processing and reporting.
- Develops information management tools and database applications for rapid and accurate data collection, input, and reporting to improve clinical quality, patient safety and financial success.
- Optimizes design and presentation of graphs, tables, statistical analyses, presentations, narratives, and other presentations to focus DVACO audiences on key findings and opportunities for improvement.
- Works cooperatively to understand vendor systems and provide analyses that address DVACO specific needs.
- Works with staff to design database applications or other tools not available from other sources to improve the validity of data collection and that provide rich table, graph and reporting functions with minimal data lag and at a frequency appropriate to the data.
- Designs and delivers reports and data analyses to prepare for and respond to requirements of, CMS initiatives, hospital raters and other bodies.
- Systematically uses internal systems to monitor recurring deliverables; ad hoc requests; data checking and other validation; definitions of data measures; databases used; and staff and project tasks to assure timely production of valid results.
- Project manager for activities related to Annual Quality Submission to CMS
Primary Customers or Key Working Relationships:
- DVACO QI Director, Leadership and DVACO staff
- Collaborates directly with Pod quality teams, care coordinators, clinicians practice managers, and practice transformation teams.
- Ability to work effectively with various levels of management personnel, physicians, board members and other community members required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, Nursing, Information Technology, or related field required.
- Masters degree in Healthcare, Public Health, Population Health, Business Administration or related field strongly preferred.
Licensures & Certifications:
If RN must be from an accredited institution with a current Pennsylvania license.
- Minimum of three years working in healthcare and data management setting. Experience presenting to senior leadership and translating data into meaningful information.
- Demonstrated ability to create, format and present detailed, analytical reports and data analysis to leadership and clinical staff. Experience assessing providing recommendations on areas of improvement.
- Performance measurement and analytics skills involving several applications. Experience with large applications interfaced with other large applications.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Effective collaboration and interpersonal skills are necessary. Demonstrated expertise in facilitating diverse teams required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with inter-professional teams and with physicians and clinical teams in particular.
- Ability to self direct work; must have strong organizational skills and be able to assist others in organizing and prioritizing their work.
- Experience in providing reports and data analysis to various departments, services, and leadership members.
- Knowledge of statistics, data analysis and other analysis techniques strongly desired.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple and complex projects. Ability to prioritize projects for self and for a team.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills, especially Microsoft Access, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in outpatient healthcare setting strongly preferred.
- Travel to campuses and provider offices.
- Able to work long hours with erratic schedule.
- Ability to stand, sit or walk regularly throughout the workday.
- Use of fine motor skills regularly throughout the workday.
- Have visual acuity of at least 20/60 in one eye, with or without correction.
- Hearing sensitivity bilaterally within normal limits (0-25 dB HL) aided/non-aided, and/or speech discrimination within functional limits for telephone and personal communication.
- Personal computer, Facsimile machines, Copy machine
- Telecommunications equipment
- LCD Projector and other audiovisual equipment
- Proficiency with using Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Project and Visio, MS Access, Crystal Reports
AREA SPECIFIC WORK RULES:
- Adheres to departmental work rules (i.e., attendance, leave, dress code).
- Meets departmental confidentiality policy of all materials processed.
- Flexible hours, as required, to meet the goals and objectives of the department and the organization.
We offer competitive compensation and outstanding comprehensive benefits. If interested, please apply with a current resume at http://www.mainlinehealth.org/careers – Job ID 41334
Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health, DVACO. This will be verified during pre-employment testing. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for a Position
Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Delaware Valley ACO to provide Equal Employment Opportunity to all people in all aspects of employer/employee relations without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation or disability; to select, develop and promote employees based on the individual’s, qualifications, experience, and job performance; to maintain a working environment free of all forms of discrimination, harassment, and intimidation.
Who is DVACO?
PO Box 356,
Villanova, PA 19085
Toll Free Number 855-761-9345
Toll Free Number 855-761-9345
Compliance Line 610-225-6211
Business Hours 9-5pm