Provides administrative support to an executive and the department by performing a variety of administrative and secretarial duties of a complex and confidential nature. Works independently to maintain flow of the workday by anticipating problems, prioritizing and solving issues, and keeping up with daily workload in a professional manner; working with judgment and discretion on behalf of the executive.
- Manages the executive’s calendar using independent judgment in prioritizing the importance of various meetings, with senior Admin and Physician leadership and ECs at MLH and Jefferson.
- Coordinates individual and committee meetings with various executives, administrators, board members, physicians, etc. Arranges conference rooms, reserves and assembles audiovisual equipment, prepares agenda and meeting materials, and orders food/beverage service as appropriate, and that take place either early morning or evenings.
- Composes letters, memos, spreadsheets, presentations, and various documents for the DVACO Board and subcommittees of the Board on behalf of the Chief Clinical Officer and the SVP, Business and Network Development.
- May attend select board meetings and various committee meetings to record minutes as appropriate; maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Coordinates all travel arrangements for the executive including reservations, accommodations, registrations, and itineraries. Prepares travel expense report.
- Prepares and submits monthly mileage and travel expense reports on a timely basis.
- Maintains payroll records in Kronos. Ensures that time is recorded accurately and submitted to Payroll.
- Performs special projects and/or participates on project teams which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, creating brochures, etc.
- Organizes special programs, events, and/or internal conferences/retreats by arranging/coordinating facilities, Information Services technical support, food, invitations, internal and external speakers, parking, and all program materials. Attends the event to assist with registration and facilitation.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls. Answers phones, screens calls, and directs callers appropriately. Handles all incoming and outgoing mail, sorts mail according to priority, and composes routine replies.
- Thinks clearly, has a positive personality, and a good problem solver.
- Performs other duties as required.
Primary Customers or Key Working Relationships:
System Executives and their assistants, Hospital administrators, Physician Leaders, external agencies, visitors, physicians, employees, and patients.
Education: High School graduate or business school required. Secretarial school or an Associates degree, BA highly preferred. Ability to read, speak, communicate, and understand English sufficiently to perform job duties as described.
Licensures & Certifications: N/A
Experience: Three to five years recent administrative assistant experience at the executive management level required. Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Good verbal and written communication skills required.
Equipment Used: PC, dictation machine, copier, shredder, facsimile and other office equipment.
Exposures: White out, toner materials: Refer to Safety Manual and MSDS. Refer to Infection Control Policies Manual. Refer to Fire and Emergency Procedures.
AREA-SPECIFIC WORK RULES:
Strict adherence to confidentiality for business, patient and staff information.
Sitting sometimes for prolonged periods of time in typing position.
Adheres to all relevant MLH Policies and Procedures.
Please apply to http://www.mainlinehealth.org/careers job id 43888. No agency calls please. Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing.
We are an equal opportunity employer.