The Health Coach will support clients with achieving health improvement goals, reducing lifestyle related risk factors, and effectively managing any health conditions. They will be responsible for developing a strong rapport with each client using motivational interviewing techniques, and a participant centered approach. Coaches will use a holistic approach to consider all aspects of health behaviors, which could impact the success of the client. Coaches must be passionate about helping others achieve optimal health and wellbeing. They should be knowledgeable, professional, personable, and be able to connect with and inspire a wide variety of client personalities and temperaments.
This is a part time 20-hour a week position, 4-8pm or 5-9pm 5 days a week. Weekend coverage needed, one Saturday morning occasionally. Position will initially work from home but must be able to travel to Radnor and other local DVACO facilities as needed.
Education and Training:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Health Education, Exercise Science, Nutrition, or other health related field.
- Certification in Health / Wellness Coaching preferred
Experience and Knowledge:
- Three years of experience in health coaching, nutritional counseling, nursing, health education or similar role.
- Broad knowledge of the causes of chronic illnesses such as heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, obesity/metabolic syndrome, etc.
- Experience in applying lifestyle factors and behavior change to accomplish disease prevention and risk reduction.
- Expertise in behavior change concepts and theories including motivational interviewing, readiness to changes, health belief model, etc.
Licensure and/or Certification:
Certifications in Coaching, Dietetics, Health Education, Counseling, etc. preferred.
- Adept at motivating clients to take action to improve their health habits, including exercise, healthy eating habits, weight management, tobacco cessation, stress reduction, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire clients who have low confidence in their ability to change behaviors and accomplish personal health goals.
- Must be patient centered and have excellent problem solving skills.
- Broad knowledge of online and community resources a plus.
- Must have good computer skills and experience working in CRM databases
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedules periodic telephonic (or in person) coaching session to meet the needs of each participant.
- Conducts appropriate assessments to identify health risk profile of participant.
- Facilitates identification of client’s health improvement goals.
- Develops action plan with client to address barriers to goal achievement.
- Appropriately adapts coaching and education methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age-specific needs of each client
- Demonstrate established customer service skills
- Utilize software to effectively record session data and communicate with client
- Strive to develop and support the member’s ability to self-manage their condition(s).
- Contacts members’ physician when needed especially in more complex medical situations requiring higher level case management intervention.
- Monitors the quality of service
- Identifies on-line, telephonic and community based resources that can assist the member in achieving and maintaining their personal health goals. Assist the member in accessing those services.
- Assist participants in maximizing the use of member’s medical benefits and ensuring coordination of services and outcomes.
- Ensures all activities are documented and conducted in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and accreditation standards.
We offer competitive compensation and outstanding comprehensive benefits including tuition reimbursement, 403B matching savings plan and a pension plan. If interested, please apply online at https://www.mainlinehealth.org/careers , Job ID 45543
Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please, no agency calls