The Population Health Application Analyst III will be responsible for validating and interpreting data to support population health management analytical tools and applications. This position is seen as a subject matter expert and will lead DVACO governance committees and maintain ongoing relationships with vender management, DVACO leadership, POD (Jefferson and MLH) leadership, key third party staff, internal constituents and external customers at participating CIN organizations to gather information, share data and effectively move projects forward. Stays current with vender applications and manages upgrades and new releases across internal and external stakeholders. Provides guidance to less experienced analysts and proactively coaches and mentors others throughout the system.
- Ability to serve department as a subject matter expert.
- Works with Vice Presidents, Medical Directors, Clinical Operations, Finance, Network Contracting, IT and other POD departments or stakeholders.
- Provides supervisory guidance to less experienced analysts.
- Proactively coaches and mentors others throughout the system.
- Fully responsible for interpreting, organizing, executing, coordinating, evaluating, and communicating complex projects under the guidelines of leadership
- Demonstrates knowledge in the relevance/importance of work and its impact on operations
- Participates in all required meetings, educational overview sessions, product implementation and review sessions as communicated by leadership
- Communicates effectively within informal and formal channels, including written communications, presentations and informal communications with peers, management and business partners.
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with DVACO values.
- Develops a deep understanding of the functionality of the population health applications to consult and strategize on complex issues and implement solutions
- Accountable for all aspects of payer contracts integration and implementation; data acquisition and data management, advanced SAS or SQL programming, quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Responsible for the coordination of interface between extractions from payer contract(s) from developing a deep understand of the patient attribution process to feed active member rosters, claims into population health application.
- Coordinates population health application design, interfaces, and development in accordance with user workflows for DVACO, JHS\MLH PODs, Clinical Integrated Network (CIN) and independent practices.
- Documents requirements and specifications for new/update application functionality/content
- Evaluates vendor requirements and specifications, prepares test cases, perform user acceptance testing (UAT) and data validation related to new/update application functionality/content
- Supports population health application users by documenting issues for the vendor, providing education to end user, and managing issues resolution
- Provides analytical support (consultation, design, analysis) to business units to understand and monitor performance as it relates to cost and quality.
- Interfaces directly with customers and management to negotiate requirements (understand customer needs and provide consultation on options to best meet that need) with customers to ensure optimal value and timely delivery.
- Provides business knowledge and anticipate business questions and needs.
- Identifies gaps in business reporting and proactively identifies and implements solutions.
- Achieves and maintains certification status in assigned application(s) and working knowledge of other related applications.
- Demonstrates initiative including recommending changes for improvement opportunities.
- Acquires knowledge about DVACO and JHS\MLH Pods system and processes, as required to support population health reporting.
Primary Customers or Key Working Relationships:
DVACO Leadership; DVACO, Jefferson and MLH Analytics Staff; DVACO Care Coordinators; DVACO Practice Transformation Team; DVACO Operations Team; DVACO and POD Clinical and IT teams; vender contacts
BS required in Population Health, Health Care Informatics, IT or data relevant field
Minimum of 5 years related professional work experience in a progressive healthcare setting required.
- Experience with electronic medical record (EMR) systems
- Maintains proficiency and expertise in Health Plan data applications, business intelligence software and reporting tools that include, but are not limited to, MS SQL Server Components (Query Analyzer & coding, Analysis Server, Stored Procedures, Jobs, and Functions), Business Objects (Tableau, Qlik, Crystal Reports, Crystal Enterprise, Crystal Analysis), SAS, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) to prepare complex multi-factorial analysis. Synthesizes and Interprets analyses.
- Must possess a comprehensive understanding of clinical or payer operational processes and ability to evaluate impacts on data compilation and reporting.
- Knowledge of healthcare coding structures and payment methodologies.
- Advanced programming in SAS, SQL Query Construction or other programming language.
- Advanced understanding of relational database systems and uses.
- Demonstrates strong mathematical, statistical, financial, technical, interpersonal, organizational, project management skills, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated strong business acumen.
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills appropriate for communication with both external clients and senior management.
- Demonstrated evidence of independent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively handle numerous priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problem areas and take initiative to identify and implement appropriate solutions, self-motivated
Position requires the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast moving environment.
Individual must take proper precautions as outlined in Hospital Safety Manual, Infection Control Policy and Fire and Emergency Manual.
Please apply to http://www.mainlinehealth.org/careers job id 45347. No agency calls please. Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing.
We are an equal opportunity employer.