The Population Health EPIC Application Analyst II supports the operation and implementation associated with the Delaware Valley ACO’s population health applications. The analyst assists in optimizing workflow processes through building applications that are standardized to meet the health system needs. The analyst will be required to maintain Epic certification for the application(s) they support. The position will require strong communication and analytical skills to interpret appropriate clinical and non-clinical requests.
This position involves coordinating with the administrative, technical, and clinical leaders from the member health systems (Jefferson\MLH PODs, Clinical Integrated Network (CIN) and independent practices) to facilitate a standardized approach to healthcare delivery across the organization. It requires the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with internal and external stakeholders in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- When necessary can provide supervisory guidance to less experienced analysts.
- Coaches and mentors others throughout the system.
- Acquires knowledge about DVACO and JHS\MLH PODs system and processes, as required to support population health management.
- Participates in all required meetings, educational overview sessions, product implementation and review sessions as communicated by the Manager.
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with DVACO values.
- Collaborates with all departments of the DVACO, particularly Care Coordination and Practice Transformation, on project implementation and milestones
- Effectively collaborates with team peers, other Enterprise Analytics team members and partners throughout the business.
- Communicates effectively within informal and formal channels, including written communications, presentations and informal communications with peers, management and business partners.
- Achieves and maintains certification status in assigned application(s) and working knowledge of other related applications.
- Develops a deep understanding of the functionality of the population health applications to consult and strategize on complex issues and implement solutions
- Coordinates population health application design, interfaces, and development in accordance with user workflows for DVACO, JHS\MLH PODs, Clinical Integrated Network (CIN) and independent practices.
- Documents requirements and specifications for new/update application functionality/content
- Evaluates vendor requirements and specifications, prepares test cases, perform user acceptance testing (UAT) and data validation related to new/update application functionality/content
- Develops, maintains, and trains the population health application to all departments of the DVACO, particularly Care Coordination and Practice Transformation along with JHS\MLH PODs, and independent practices
- Manages user access in concordance with DVACO systems access request processes
- Evaluates user audit reports to add, update, or remove access as appropriate
- Supports population health application users by documenting issues for the vendor, providing education to end user, and managing issues resolution
- Communicates to users of the population health application regarding monthly updates, release updates, and system disruptions
- Coordinates the development of various alerts, reports, dashboards, and evidence-based clinical content for Care Coordinators and practice users
Primary Customers or Key Working Relationships:
DVACO, Jefferson and MLH Analytics Staff, DVACO Care Coordinators, DVACO Practice Transformation Team, DVACO Operations Team, DVACO and POD Clinical and IT teams
BS required in Population Health, Health Care Informatics, IT or data relevant field
Licensures & Certifications:
Current Epic certification(s) and/or appropriate certifications as defined by role (if applicable to application (s) or must be willing to travel for training and achieve certification within 90 days of completed testing. Epic experience preferred.
Minimum of 3 years related professional work experience in a progressive healthcare setting required.
- Experience with electronic medical record (EMR) systems
- Development of population health templates to support clinical / business needs
- Background knowledge in shared savings programs, quality measure development and reporting, and ACO strategy
- Working knowledge of physician office workflows and constraints
- Intermediate programming in SAS, SQL Query Construction or other programming language.
- Strong computer skills, including database systems and MS office suite (Word, Excel and Access).
- Understanding of relational database systems and uses
- Demonstrates strong financial, technical, interpersonal, organizational, project management skills, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong project management skills and ability to effectively handle numerous priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated strong business acumen.
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills appropriate for communication with both external clients and senior management.
- Evidence of independent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problem areas and take initiative to identify and implement appropriate solutions Self-motivated
Position requires the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast moving environment.
Individual must take proper precautions as outlined in Hospital Safety Manual, Infection Control Policy and Fire and Emergency Manual.
Please apply to http://www.mainlinehealth.org/careers job id 45329. No agency calls please. Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing.
We are an equal opportunity employer.