Delaware Valley Accountable Care Organization (DVACO), located in Radnor, PA is currently hiring for a newly created position, Analyst 1, DVACO Population Health.
The DVACO is a limited liability joint venture corporation comprised primarily of two major health systems: Jefferson Health and Main Line Health, serving the Greater Philadelphia region and southern New Jersey. DVACO was accepted into the Medicare Shared Savings Program for the 2014 start year, and now includes 2,000 physicians serving over 180,000 lives. DVACO contracts with four commercial payers and serves Medicare beneficiaries, making it the region’s largest Accountable Care Organization. At the core of operations, DVACO is committed to working towards the achievement of the triple aim: better outcomes, better experiences, and smarter spending. Our culture embraces innovation of healthcare delivery models through collaborative work with physician practices, health systems and employee wellness programs.
The Population Analyst 1 develops dashboards and reports for the DVACO, JHS\MLH PODs and independent practices. Produces analytics used to measure and quantify DVACO and associated business partners’ experience through reporting using CMS data and other internal/external data.
Responsibilities include supporting the various reporting and analysis needs of the DVACO and the PODs (i.e., JHS \ MLJ Integrated Network (CIN).
- Develops cascading dashboards of quality metrics starting at the DVACO level and then to POD, TIN and NPI levels.
- Supports DVACO and POD leadership in developing transparent and valid distribution/funds flow models based upon performance outcomes.
- Monitors the financial performance of existing third party arrangements to ensure compliance with agreed upon contractual terms and conditions and to track contract performance and outcomes.
- Produces system-wide analytics and reporting that promotes and supports the adoption and successful execution of population health management.
- Develops and implements the financial, clinical, and operational analytics and reporting required to support the DVACO, JHS\MLH PODs and other population health programs and payer pay for performance programs.
- Executes analytic processes required to support population health at DVACO and JHS\MLH PODs including but not limited to case-mix adjusted physician profiling; operational, quality, cost and utilization analytics; risk analytics; trending and forecasting; predictive modeling; program evaluation using advanced techniques; actuarial analyses; and data mining.
- Develops data expertise needed to optimally use business and other data to support population health reporting and analytics tools and processes; includes expert data knowledge, quality control and following appropriate standards.
- Effectively collaborates with team peers, other Enterprise Analytics team members and partners throughout the business.
- Communicates effectively within informal and formal channels, including written communications, presentations and informal communications with peers, management and business partners.
- Acquires knowledge about DVACO and JHS\MLH Pods system and processes, as required to support population health reporting.
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with DVACO values.
Primary Customers or Key Working Relationships:
DVACO, JHS and MLH Analytics Staff, DVACO Operations Team, DVACO and POD Clinical teams
BS required in Business, Mathematics, IT or data relevant field
Licensures & Certifications:
- Minimum of 1-3 years related professional work experience in a progressive healthcare setting required.
- Familiarity with reporting tools (Business Objects, etc.)
- Strong computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, statistical analysis, database, data mining tools such as SQL / SAS / SPSS )
- Advanced programming in SAS, SQL Query Construction or other programming language
- Understanding of relational database systems and uses.
- Evidence of independent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills with a desire to work in teams
- Strong attention to detail & strong organizational skills
- Strong work ethic & personal confidence with a desire to learn new things
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills appropriate for communication with both external clients and senior management.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively handle numerous priorities simultaneously.
- Participates in all required meetings, educational overview sessions, product implementation and review sessions as communicated by the Manager, Actuarial Informatics
Position requires the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast moving environment.
Individual must take proper precautions as outlined in Hospital Safety Manual, Infection Control Policy and Fire and Emergency Manual.
Please apply to http://www.mainlinehealth.org/careers job id 43354. No agency calls please. Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing.
We are an equal opportunity employer.