- The Quality Improvement Analyst will align performance measurement and analytics with QI Initiatives.
- Develops and assembles reports to be timely, accurate, informative and useful. Facilitates safe, effective and high quality health care. This includes, but is not limited to: data supporting clinical quality, clinical effectiveness, patient experience, practice transformation and care coordination.
- Analyst must be competent to operationalize the performance measurement Quality Improvement initiatives and Patient Experience. Together with QI team, is responsible for determining measures, targets for QI/organizational goals, setting up appropriate analytic methodologies and helping DVACO partners and internal leadership/staff to identify opportunities for clinical/process improvement.
- The Analyst’s role will also include researching data benchmarks (national and regional), transforming data into actionable insights, and engaging DVACO leadership as needed in QI improvement efforts. QI Manager contributes to activities for diverse projects and provides mentorship and guidance to internal/external team members and organizational leaders.
- Analyst will work with Quality Director to provide administrative support for coordination of presentations, meetings, and communications.
- The analyst will maintain an understanding of internal and external initiatives and their implications for evidence-based, data-driven improvement efforts.
- In consultation with QI Director, the manager develops standard metrics, recommends goals/targets, and provides results with which to monitor quality measures patient experience and organizational performance with DVACO physicians and partners, CMS and, commercial partners.
- Works with the DVACO finance and contracting teams to align clinical data and reporting with current and proposed ACO contracts, including participation in payor joint operating committees as needed.
- Demonstrate expertise in the areas of healthcare analytics, statistical analysis, research or other key aspects in the healthcare setting.
- Will have a working knowledge of CMS metrics and programs, measure methodology and benchmarking, Pay for Performance (value-based purchasing) programs, population health and accountable care organizations (ACOs) requirements.
- Provides expertise on key areas such as quality, patient experience and population health.
- Will work to evaluate current and future state workflow needs and make critical decisions regarding transition from a manual report-development department to a more data mining and analytic program with available internal resources, and external vendors.
- Develops report production schedule and assures timely and accurate completion of deliverables, requests, presentations and other Performance Measurement and Analytics tasks.
- Creates and maintains highly efficient, accurate, technology driven data collection, analysis, and reporting practices to support quality, safety, experience and clinical outcome improvement.
- Works with QI Director and those requesting reports and analyses to select projects aligned with DVACO strategic plan and annual goals. Works with staff to organize and prioritize activities to complete projects and tasks.
- Assures the flow of data needed to produce reports, including external data entry on schedule, where applicable, access to, downloads and interfaces for data from electronic sources. Seeks and leverages new data sources and data techniques for more effective processing and reporting.
- Develops information management tools and database applications for rapid and accurate data collection, input, and reporting to improve clinical quality, patient safety and financial success.
- Optimizes design and presentation of graphs, tables, statistical analyses, presentations, narratives, and other presentations to focus DVACO audiences on key findings and opportunities for improvement.
- Works cooperatively to understand vendor systems and provide analyses that address DVACO specific needs.
- Works with staff to design database applications or other tools not available from other sources to improve the validity of data collection and that provide rich table, graph and reporting functions with minimal data lag and at a frequency appropriate to the data.
- Designs and delivers reports and data analyses to prepare for and respond to requirements of, CMS initiatives, hospital raters and other bodies.
- Systematically uses internal systems to monitor recurring deliverables; ad hoc requests; data checking and other validation; definitions of data measures; databases used; and staff and project tasks to assure timely production of valid results.
- Project manager for activities related to Annual Quality Submission to CMS
Primary Customers or Key Working Relationships:
- DVACO QI Director, Leadership and DVACO staff
- Collaborates directly with Pod quality teams, care coordinators, clinicians practice managers, and practice transformation teams.
- Ability to work effectively with various levels of management personnel, physicians, board members and other community members required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, Nursing, Information Technology, or related field required.
- Masters degree in Healthcare, Public Health, Population Health, Business Administration or related field strongly preferred.
Licensures & Certifications:
If RN must be from an accredited institution with a current Pennsylvania license.
- Minimum of three years working in healthcare and data management setting. Experience presenting to senior leadership and translating data into meaningful information.
- Demonstrated ability to create, format and present detailed, analytical reports and data analysis to leadership and clinical staff. Experience assessing providing recommendations on areas of improvement.
- Performance measurement and analytics skills involving several applications. Experience with large applications interfaced with other large applications.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Effective collaboration and interpersonal skills are necessary. Demonstrated expertise in facilitating diverse teams required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with inter-professional teams and with physicians and clinical teams in particular.
- Ability to self direct work; must have strong organizational skills and be able to assist others in organizing and prioritizing their work.
- Experience in providing reports and data analysis to various departments, services, and leadership members.
- Knowledge of statistics, data analysis and other analysis techniques strongly desired.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple and complex projects. Ability to prioritize projects for self and for a team.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills, especially Microsoft Access, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in outpatient healthcare setting strongly preferred.
- Travel to campuses and provider offices.
- Able to work long hours with erratic schedule.
- Ability to stand, sit or walk regularly throughout the workday.
- Use of fine motor skills regularly throughout the workday.
- Have visual acuity of at least 20/60 in one eye, with or without correction.
- Hearing sensitivity bilaterally within normal limits (0-25 dB HL) aided/non-aided, and/or speech discrimination within functional limits for telephone and personal communication.
- Personal computer, Facsimile machines, Copy machine
- Telecommunications equipment
- LCD Projector and other audiovisual equipment
- Proficiency with using Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Project and Visio, MS Access, Crystal Reports
AREA SPECIFIC WORK RULES:
- Adheres to departmental work rules (i.e., attendance, leave, dress code).
- Meets departmental confidentiality policy of all materials processed.
- Flexible hours, as required, to meet the goals and objectives of the department and the organization.
We offer competitive compensation and outstanding comprehensive benefits. If interested, please apply with a current resume at http://www.mainlinehealth.org/careers – Job ID 41334
Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health, DVACO. This will be verified during pre-employment testing. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.