The Delaware Valley Accountable Care Organization (DVACO) is a limited liability company that is owned by Main Line Health and Jefferson Health, serving the Greater Philadelphia region. DVACO’s purpose is to enhance the quality of health care and reduce the growth rate of health care costs by acting as a convener, accelerator, and provider of the foundation needed to assist its participating members to transition from a business model focused on volume to a model focused on population health. DVACO operates under the Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) through an agreement with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Currently DVACO is one of the nation’s largest Medicare ACO with more than 2,000 physicians and 90,000 Medicare fee-for-service beneficiaries. Additionally, DVACO currently holds three performance-based contracts with private payers as well as the employees and dependents of its owners —enhancing DVACO’s total number of beneficiaries to above 250,000—a number that will likely increase in the future as DVACO participates with additional insurance payers in population health contracts.
Although some remote work flexing is part of our culture, all of these positions are based in the Philadelphia region in order to engage with our team based in Radnor PA and our participants and partners throughout Southeastern PA and Southwestern NJ. For further information please see https://www.mainlinehealth.org/careers/current-opportunities or contact ChaudharyP@dvaco.org.
Summary of Available Positions
Population Health Medical Director
The candidate for this role will be responsible for developing, deploying, and championing a transformational clinical strategy for improving population health outcomes. This developed strategy will help the outcome, cost, and experience of care for the populations served by DVACO. They will be the Primary Clinical Executive Leader of DVACO, reporting to the CEO. They will also be the primary owner of physician engagement strategies and tactics. This position will support clinical aspects of payer relations and data analytics. This leader will also provide oversight of all clinical initiatives including care coordination, practice transformation, quality improvement, post-acute strategy, pharmacy strategy, and others as developed.
- M.D. or D.O. board certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine preferred, with a strong clinical background with at least 5 years in direct clinical practice, preferably in primary care.
- 5 years’ experience in leadership-level position with a proven track record in population health, with a strong preference for managing outcomes in a complex risk-bearing provider entity including a variety of populations (e.g. Medicare, commercial, employer-based).
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Public Health or related field or equivalent related experience.
- Direct experience with the Medicare Shared Savings Program (or equivalent) is preferred.
DVACO Lead Outreach Coordinator
This position together with ACO internal health care teams and using DVACO strategic plan, prepared data analysis and protocol-driven tools, will identify and close patient care gaps through established modalities, but primarily through telephonic outreach. Outreach activities will require highly organized and customer focused collaboration with patients, families, primary and specialty providers, and clinical support staff. As other team members potentially join this team, this position will operationally lead the outreach effort under the direction of the Director of Quality Improvement.
- Graduate of an accredited clinically oriented program (equivalent will be considered) with three years of clinical experience required (ambulatory setting preferred).
- Previous management/office management experience preferred as well.
The Health Coach will support clients with achieving health improvement goals, reducing lifestyle related risk factors, and effectively managing any health conditions. They will be responsible for developing a strong rapport with each client using motivational interviewing techniques, and a participant centered approach. This position will use a holistic approach to consider all aspects of health behaviors, which could impact the success of the client. The health coach must be passionate about helping others achieve optimal health and wellbeing. They should be knowledgeable, professional, personable, and be able to connect with and inspire a wide variety of client personalities and temperaments.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Health Education, Exercise Science, Nutrition, or other health related field.
- Certification in Health / Wellness Coaching preferred