Business Intelligence Developer Sr
The DVACO Business Intelligence Developer Sr, is responsible for enhancing and supporting the DVACO Northstar suite of interactive Business Intelligence products. This role collaborates with organizational leadership teams to define requirements and develop meaningful solutions that connect the technical and business worlds while supporting the DVACO clinical strategy.
The Developer oversees the request and defines reporting objectives, analyzes data, creates visualizations , and deploys/maintains reports.
- Provide DVACO leadership with data, analysis, and insight necessary to ensure informed decision-making on key strategic issues.
- Combine data from multiple sources, including medical claims, provider, and third-party data to develop analysis.
- Work with the BI Product Manager to scope and execute new dashboard development while ensuring long term maintainability.
- Educate peers and clinical leadership on use of existing data tools to answer a business question
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff to exchange information, ideas, and respond to inquiries
- Develop data insights and visualizations by preparing, modeling, and visualizing data.
- Choose the appropriate tool for a given analysis based on stakeholder requirements (excel, PBI or other)
- Serve as first point of contact for Analytics regarding internal and external questions related to assigned subject matters.
- Collaborate with stakeholders from initial request triage through final delivery.
- Anticipate roadblocks and proactively address issues before they impact business results.
- Communicate progress, escalations, and issues to DVACO’s Manager of Analytics and/or stakeholders as appropriate.
- Contribute to the vision and product roadmap for the business intelligence and visualization tools and define requirements across product, engineering and business teams to craft a suite of data solutions and features
- Work closely with key internal business stakeholders to understand user needs with data, identify gaps in our offerings and form product requirements
- Champion a culture of data informed decision making
- Ensuring successful product adoption by documenting, training and evangelizing use of the platform.
- Document and track project progress using Agile methods in project management tools
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Define success criteria for testing and product acceptance
- Create and maintain documentation end users and internal processes.
- Take an active role in removing blockers to successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
Primary Customers or Key Working Relationships:
DVACO Leadership, DVACO, Jefferson and Main Line Health Senior Leaders and Analytics Staff, DVACO Care Coordinators, DVACO Practice Transformation Team, DVACO Operations Team, DVACO and Pod Clinical teams.
- Bachelors required. Master’s Degree a plus.
- 5+ years related professional work experience, preferably in healthcare or insurance setting.
- Demonstrated ability to design, build, document, test, maintain and troubleshoot interactive dashboards and customize reports
- Experience with healthcare claims or EHR data
- Experience building data models using Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, or similar tool.
- Advanced SQL knowledge for data analysis and development of recurring procedures
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and version control
- Expert user of Microsoft Office Suite of products (PPT, Excel, Access, Word, etc)
- Working knowledge of Python or R.
- Experience engaging with leadership level stakeholders
- Experience with Agile development methodology is a plus
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team atmosphere and establish excellent working relationships with all stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and execute independently
- Experience with documentation
- Ability to mentor newer users and developers
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to manage and influence stakeholders
- Good time management skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple, concurrent deliverables
- Attention to details
Position requires the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast moving environment.
This is a full-time telecommuting position.
Individual must take proper precautions as outlined in Hospital Safety Manual, Infection Control Policy and Fire and Emergency Manual.
We are committed to the health and wellness of our employees. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, generous paid time off, 403b savings plan, lucrative pension plan, tuition reimbursement, and more! Learn more about our benefits. If interested, please apply online at https://www.mainlinehealth.org/careers , Job ID 67343
We are an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. Main Line Health celebrates our differences and our similarities. Learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion culture.
Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please, no agency calls