- Works collaboratively with the DVACO clinical team to develop data collection, measurement tools and clinical databases to support the analysis of data from multiple sources including the electronic medical records (EMRs) of the clinical practices associated with the DVACO. This analysis will assist in carrying out DVACO’s goals of improving the health and quality of care of the populations for which it is responsible, to improve their experience of care, and to reduce the per capita cost of their care.
- Analyzes, interprets and generates reports on performance related to overall outcomes and quality, population health, and care coordination.
- Develops reports, dashboards, scorecards and other analytic results necessary to support quality improvement activities relating to managed care contracting, hospital and physician inpatient and outpatient quality outcomes and the quality goals set by the DVACO.
- Works with the clinical practices to collect and analyze quality metrics associated with meaningful use certification, contractual quality goals, and other quality targets established by DVACO.
- Works with the Pod hospital Quality Improvement staff to collect and analyze inpatient quality metrics.
- Develops cascading dashboards of quality metrics starting at the DVACO level, and then to Pod, TIN and NPI levels.
- Works with the DVACO clinical team to identify trends and patterns in these complex data sets, draws conclusions, develops graphical and narrative summaries utilizing charts, graphs and images to appropriately display the information for presentation to the clinical practices and other stakeholders.
- Works with the DVACO finance and contracting teams to align clinical data and reporting with current and proposed ACO contracts, including participation in payor joint operating committees as needed.
- Work with and educate the Pod quality leadership, the TIN and clinical practice leadership to present statistical and operational reports of the clinical metrics including analysis of progress towards quality goals.
- Develops collection and reporting solutions. Manages data and clinical information requests at the DVACO and Pod levels. Creates macros or other solutions to automate manual/repetitive reporting processes.
- Provides analysis to support the identification of best practices and practice standards.
- Works with practice transformation teams to help in optimizing work flows to improve data collection from EMRs and other data sources to reduce gaps in care.
- Assisting on projects with significant clinical complexity and/or organizational scope (i.e. ambulatory quality, population health clinical programs, primary care, and specialty care towards DVACO goals).
- Ensures that data is kept confidential
Other Accountabilities and skills:
- Uses proprietary vendor and other software packages (e.g., MS Excel, MS Access, Crystal Reports, Visio) to create user friendly data collection systems and efficient reporting and analysis outputs.
- Ability to work independently and on small, interdependent teams, with minimal supervision of daily tasks.
- Acumen and ability to work with external partner Pod, Physician-Hospital Organization (PHO), Clinically Integrated Network (CIN) or other organizations to gather information, share data, and effectively move projects forward.
- Support clinical analytic integration across DVACO and its Pods to lead the effective use of analytic information to improve healthcare.
- Develops and implements methods for optimizing database reliability and validity.
- Strong conceptual analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong data collection, manipulation, and analysis skills.
- Comfort with working in a self-driven, start-up environment.
- Interest in and active pursuit of opportunities to learn and grow, and ability to handle multiple demands, shifting priorities, crises, and rapid change.
Primary Customers or Key Working Relationships:
- DVACO Leadership and DVACO staff
- Collaborates directly with Pod quality teams, care coordinators, clinicians practice managers, and practice transformation teams.
- Ability to work effectively with various levels of management personnel, physicians, board members and other community members required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Healthcare related field or in progress.
- Thorough knowledge of planning and/or medical terminology and sound data analysis techniques.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience with PC-based applications such as Windows, MS Office, and Relational Databases (i.e. MS Access, Excel, SQL, Oracle). Excellent skills utilizing word processing, spreadsheets and data file management software.
- Experience in medical office practice preferred, particularly in areas of process work flow and use of electronic medical records (EMR).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Pay For Performance (P4P) framework and metrics including HEDIS Quality measures, Core Quality Measures for providers and Group Practice Reporting Option (GPRO) Tool to report Medical Shared Savings Program (MSSP) measures to Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Excellent analytical and/or operational problem solving skills; demonstrates ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analyses and make recommendations for improvement/changes
- Experience developing standard and ad-hoc reports and analysis to support management decision making. Demonstrates proficiency with clinical information systems supporting population health management and other personal computer software applications such as Microsoft Office (Excel and Access) and use of P4P registry tools.
- Experience working in a large, complex, multi-site organization preferred.
- Able to manage multiple tasks in an uncertain and fast-paced environment.
- Regional travel throughout DVACO market essential – valid driver’s license and own vehicle. Small amount of out-of-region travel as needed.
- Able to work long hours with erratic schedule including early morning and evening meetings as needed.
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk up to 60% of the time.
- Use of fine motor skills up to 50% of the time.
- Have visual acuity of at least 20/60 in one eye, with or without correction.
- Hearing sensitivity bilaterally within normal limits (0-25 dB HL) aided/non-aided, and/or speech discrimination within functional limits for telephone and personal communication.
- Ability to handle stress when meeting numerous deadlines
- Personal computer and mobile devices
- Competent using Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
We offer competitive compensation and outstanding comprehensive benefits including tuition reimbursement, 403B matching savings plan and a pension plan. If interested, please apply online at https://www.mainlinehealth.org/careers , Job ID 51841
Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please, no agency calls