Role and Responsibilities
The DVACO Administrative Fellowship is a 1-year program designed for recent graduates of MHA, MBA, MPH, MS-POPH, or similar healthcare programs to build a foundation for a career in population health. The position emphasizes skills related to population health management, healthcare business planning, and leadership skills. Based on interests, the program may include project-based rotations through various DVACO departments including Care Coordination, Practice Transformation, Data Analytics, Post-Acute Care and Clinical Quality, and the opportunity to become acquainted with each of our member hospitals.
In addition to these rotations, the Fellow can tailor his/her experience through various projects related to topics such as quality oversight, data reporting, performance improvement, physician engagement, informatics, network development, and contract/payer relations. This design gives the Fellow the opportunity to build fundamental communication, analytic, and problem-solving skills as well as an understanding of the ACO environment and population health strategies. To complement on-the-job training, fellows are involved in Board and other Administrative meetings. Fellows report directly to Joel Port, SVP, Business and Network Development.
Please contact Emma Hannan, current fellow, at HannanE@dvaco.org with any questions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Recent graduate of MHA/MPH/MBA/MS-POPH Accredited, or similar, degree program (degree completion date must be June 2021 or earlier)
- Recent graduate of a Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME) program is preferred
- Analytical thinking
- Microsoft Office
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Project Management
- Performance Improvement Knowledge
In order to be considered for the 2021 Administrative Fellowship, the following items must be attached to this application:
- Current Resume
- Three letters of Recommendation
- At least one letter must be from a graduate professor
- At least one letter must be from a current or former employer
- Personal Statement
- 1-2 pages addressing personal career goals and your view on the importance of population health management
- Official Graduate Transcript
Application will be accepted until September 18, 2020. To apply, visit
https://mainline.referrals.selectminds.com/, keyword search 53421
Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to DVACO. This will be verified during pre-employment testing. DVACO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is fully dedicated to diversity, respect, and inclusion among its employees and leadership.