The Operations Coordinator position will support the DVACO operational processes by assisting in the monthly maintenance and development\change management activities associated with key population health applications, business intelligence tool support, compliance processes and initiatives. This coordinator assists with managing\facilitating the Agile development and prioritization processes, produces status reports for assigned projects, performs IT administrative functions and produces monthly application promotion schedule and compliance audit documentation applicable to population health applications. Provides “hands on” support to the DVACO analysts within the DVACO Operations and Analytics teams.
- Supports agile development and prioritization processes associated with requests and initiatives that impact MS Azure and business intelligence tool(s).
- Coordinates minor and major releases related to the DVACO applications within their responsible area; responsible for developing work plans related to the installation and implementation of applicable changes and applicable application releases.
- Generates monthly application refresh schedules for designated population health applications and business intelligence tool(s).
- Proactively identify, resolve and/or escalate issues that could impact operations and project schedules by working with appropriate stakeholders to remediate issue problems to maintain/reestablish timeline.
- Assist with vendor management by meeting regularly with project/program manager(s) and account representative(s) to express concerns, escalate issues, and foster a collaborative working relationship.
- Supports various projects and operational initiatives as assigned by direct supervisor.
- When necessary, provide direct “hands on” assistance to existing application analysts to support operations, upgrades, and major roll outs. This will likely include direct application tasks\work related to supporting the DVACO population health application ecosystem.
- Manage ongoing IT and HIPPA compliance processes and requests.
- Create and present project status at executive level meetings as requested, demonstrating knowledge of business impact and utility with the information available. Ensure that information communicated is clear, avoids use of technical jargon and is geared to audience and their operational concerns.
- Work with the Operations Team/ appropriate stakeholders, to track issues and approved change requests from submission through completion in organization’s population health applications.
- Support application end user management by regularly evaluating audit reports, reviewing active users for appropriate access changes, and creating new users in concordance with DVACO systems access request processes.
- Responsible for all communication to end users of the population health tools and for keeping users informed of data processing schedules, development updates, and system disruptions.
- Effectively collaborates with operations team peers, enterprise analytics team members and partners throughout the organization.
- Communicates effectively within informal and formal channels, including written communications, presentations, and informal communications with peers, management, and business partners.
- Acquires knowledge about DVACO operational processes and strategic alignment, as required to support organization operations processes.
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with DVACO values.
Project Manager IS DVACO
Primary Customers or Key Working Relationships
- DVACO Leadership and Operations
- Vendor leadership and project teams
- Collaborates with analytic teams, care coordinators, clinicians, office managers, and practice transformation teams
- Ability to work effectively with various levels of management personnel, physicians, board members and other community members required
Min/Preferred – Minimum
Education Level – 4 Year / Bachelors Degree
Comments – Degree in Population health, Health Information Management, Business Administration or relevant field
Min/Preferred – Minimum
Education Level – 1
Comments – Related professional work experience in a progressive healthcare setting required
BLS/CPR Certification Requirements
Licensures & Certifications
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Technical Skills\Capabilities
- Familiarity with project management methodology
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite. Proficiency with MS Access and MS Excel preferred.
- Other Skills\Capabilities
- Excellent communication skills with a desire to work in teams
- Strong attention to detail & strong organizational skills
- Strong work ethic & personal confidence with a desire to learn new things
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills appropriate for communication with both external clients and senior management.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively handle numerous priorities simultaneously.
- Participates in all required meetings, educational overview sessions, product implementation and review sessions as communicated by the manager
Standard office equipment
Individual must take proper precautions as outlined in Hospital Safety Manual, Infection Control Policy and Fire and Emergency Manual.
AREA SPECIFIC WORK RULES
- Adhere to all MLH Policies and Procedures
We are committed to the health and wellness of our employees. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, generous paid time off, 403b savings plan, lucrative pension plan, tuition reimbursement, and more! Learn more about our benefits. If interested, please apply online at https://www.mainlinehealth.org/careers , Job ID 64539
We are an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. Main Line Health celebrates our differences and our similarities. Learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion culture.
Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please, no agency calls