Reporting to the CEO, the Population Health Medical Director will be the primary owner of physician engagement strategies and tactics. They will be responsible for developing, deploying, and championing a transformational clinical strategy for improving population health outcomes, quality and experience of care, and cost of care for the populations served by DVACO in an environment which is rapidly moving towards significant downside financial risk. This position supports population health and clinical aspects of payer relations and contracting, provides clinical oversight of all care management and care transformation initiatives.
M.D. or D.O., Board Certification in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine (preferred) • Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Public Health or related field or equivalent related experience.
Licensures & Certifications:
Unrestricted PA medical license required, up to 20% FTE of ongoing clinical practice desirable
- At least 5 years of experience in leadership-level position with a proven track record in population health, with a strong preference for managing outcomes in a complex risk-bearing entity including a variety of populations (e.g. Medicare, commercial, employer-based)
- Direct experience with the Medicare Shared Savings Program (or equivalent) is strongly preferred. Experience with care models that support bundled/episode payments is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to lead groups of physicians through change, with and without direct authority, using influence, trust, and thought leadership.
- Strong clinical background with at least 5 years in direct clinical practice, preferably in primary care.
- Experience in targeting programs at population health segments (e.g. chronic/complex illness versus health promotion) and measurement of program effectiveness.
- Proven strong leadership, business, communication, organizational, analytical and relationship skills.
- Proven experience in successfully facilitating collaborative, cross-functional projects.
- Direct leadership experience in value-based care models and/or clinical integration is essential
- Able to manage multiple tasks in an uncertain and fast-paced complex environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Commitment to patient-centered care team models, and role models multidisciplinary team leadership at the DVACO level.
Position requires ability to travel regionally throughout DVACO market – valid driver’s license and own vehicle. Occasional out-of-region travel as needed.
We offer competitive compensation and outstanding comprehensive benefits including generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 403B matching savings plan and a pension plan. If interested, please apply online at https://www.mainlinehealth.org/careers , Job ID 45619
Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please, no agency calls