- Specialist will operationalize the performance measurement Quality Improvement initiatives and Patient Experience data. Together with QI team, is responsible for determining measures, targets for QI/organizational goals, developing analytic methodologies and helping DVACO partners and internal leadership/staff to identify opportunities for clinical/process improvement.
- The Specialist’s role will also include researching data benchmarks (national and regional), transforming data into actionable insights, and engaging DVACO leadership as needed in QI improvement efforts. QI leadership contributes to activities for diverse projects and provides mentorship and guidance to internal/external team members and organizational leaders.
- Specialist will work with Quality Director to provide administrative support and develop presentations, meetings, and communications.
- The Specialist will maintain an understanding of internal and external initiatives and their implications for evidence-based, data-driven improvement efforts.
- In consultation with QI Director, the manager develops standard metrics, recommends goals/targets, and provides results with which to monitor quality measures patient experience and organizational performance with DVACO physicians and partners, CMS, and commercial partners.
- Will have a working knowledge of CMS metrics and programs, measure methodology and benchmarking, Pay for Performance/Value-Based Purchasing programs, population health and accountable care organization (ACOs) requirements.
- Provides expertise on key areas such as quality, patient experience and population health.
- Works with QI Director and those requesting reports and analyses to select projects aligned with DVACO strategic plan and annual goals.
- Works with staff to organize and prioritize activities to complete projects and tasks.
- Optimizes design and presentation of graphs, tables, statistical analyses, presentations, narratives, and other presentations to focus DVACO audiences on key findings and opportunities for improvement.
- Works cooperatively to understand vendor systems and provide analyses that address DVACO specific needs.
- Systematically uses internal systems to monitor recurring deliverables; ad hoc requests; data checking and other validation; definitions of data measures; databases used; and staff and project tasks to assure timely production of valid results.
- Specialist will be available to abstract and work with analysts, abstractors, project managers to submit Web Interface responses to vendors and CMS
Primary Customers or Key Working Relationships:
- DVACO QI Director, QI Staff, and Leadership.
- Collaborates directly with DVACO and POD quality teams, care coordinators, clinicians practice managers, and practice transformation teams.
- Ability to work effectively with various levels of management personnel, physicians, board members and other community members required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
- Master’s degree in Quality Improvement, Healthcare, Public Health, Population Health or related field strongly preferred.
- Advanced education or experience in Information Technology, or related field required a plus.
Licensures & Certifications:
If RN must be from an accredited institution with a current Pennsylvania license.
- Minimum of three years working in Quality Improvement environment that includes managing data and implementing quality interventions. Experience translating data into meaningful information and actions driving improvement
- Presenting to senior leadership.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Effective collaboration and interpersonal skills are necessary. Demonstrated expertise in facilitating diverse teams required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with inter-professional teams and with physicians and clinical teams in particular.
- Experience in providing reports and data analysis to various departments, services, and leadership members.
- Knowledge of statistics, data analysis and other analysis techniques strongly desired.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple and complex projects. Ability to prioritize projects for self and for co-workers and other teams.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills, especially Microsoft Access, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in outpatient healthcare setting strongly preferred.
- Occasionally travel to hospital campuses and provider offices.
- Ability to stand, sit or walk regularly throughout the workday.
- Use of fine motor skills regularly throughout the workday.
- Have visual acuity of at least 20/60 in one eye, with or without correction.
- Hearing sensitivity bilaterally within normal limits (0-25 dB HL) aided/non-aided, and/or speech discrimination within functional limits for telephone and personal communication.
- Personal computer, Copy machine, Facsimile machines
- Telecommunications equipment
- LCD Projector and other audiovisual equipment
- Proficiency with using Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Project and Visio, MS Access
AREA SPECIFIC WORK RULES:
- Adheres to departmental work rules (i.e., attendance, leave, dress code).
- Meets departmental confidentiality policy of all materials processed.
- Flexible hours, as required, to meet the goals and objectives of the department and the organization.
We offer competitive compensation and outstanding comprehensive benefits including tuition reimbursement, 403B matching savings plan and a pension plan. If interested, please apply online at https://www.mainlinehealth.org/careers , Job ID 50707
Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please, no agency calls