Manager Azure Cloud Infrastructure
Hands on manager, who maintains and optimizes the Microsoft Azure infrastructure for the DVACO including virtual servers, databases and other cloud based applications that support Operations and Analytics functions for the DVACO. Works with external payers and venders to support monthly claims and roster loads that feed DVACO analytics platform. Maintain and create databases, views, ETL functions and stored procedures in conjunction with Operations and Analytics teams. Works in a DBA development capacity to assist with the integration of new data sets, optimize\automate system functions and assist the analytics team to build foundational layers for Power BI and other applications. Configures, maintains, recovers, and insures the performance of Relational Data Base Management Systems (RDBMS) on multiple database platforms. Manages three direct reports supporting integration and product development activities with Azure.
- Works with cloud vender and DVACO leadership to develop and strategies and deploy new capabilities that meet DVACO business requirements
- Ensures Azure cloud configuration meets MLH IT security policies
- Optimizes Azure cloud infrastructure while balancing budgetary considerations
- Maintains Azure server infrastructure
- Monitors server and application performance
- Creates and tests disaster recovery plans
- Maintains SFTP endpoints
- Monitors Azure Download and Upload performance
- Assists the development of appropriate testing methodology and migration paths for implementing changes
- Supports the agile development methodology by maintaining and monitoring existing scrum software solutions
- Helps to prioritize technical development while working with scrum master support staff
- Leads the product build cycle by developing, testing and rolling out new product code while working with the Operations and Analytics team
- Leads the monthly refresh of the multi payer dimensional model and other data repositories
RDBMS Administration and Development
- Develops and support changes to the clinical and claims multi payer dimensional model and other data warehouses, databases, etc.
- Supports Power BI and other analytical products including the creation of necessary Dax queries
- Configures, maintains, and insures performance of RDBMS applications
- Designs and implements new physical RDBMS structures (i.e., tables, stored procedures and views) to meet business requirements
- Analyzes, optimizes and documents any customized RDBMS structures (i.e., tables and views)
- Insures recoverability of data bases
- Diagnoses and resolves RDBMS outages and failures
- Documents all configurations in writing
Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) and Automation
- Develops and supports Microsoft Data Factory\Bricks environments including the creation of new pipelines, maintenance, etc.
- Manages the regular upgrades to the Microsoft Data Factory\Bricks environments
- Manages data feeds to and from Azure cloud to various venders and other parties
- Transforms and loads data sets into RDBMS structures
- Develops validation routines on data sets
- Ensures accuracy of loads and extracts
- Automates operations within the Azure cloud wherever possible
Primary Customers or Key Working Relationships:
- DVACO Operations and DVACO Analytics Staff
- External Venders
Education: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science is preferred.
Expertise with the following functions demonstrated by at least (x) years’ experience:
- Working knowledge of MS Data factory\Bricks – 1 year
- Development and implementation of ETL and auto scripting capabilities – 3 years
- Development and Support using Power BI or Similar Solution – 2 years
- Maintenance, recoverability and performance of MS SQL Server – 3 years
- Development and optimization of database tables, stored procedures and views – 4 years
- Experience managing Azure or AWS Cloud capabilities – 2 years
- DBA Support of software and\or analytics development team – 3 years
- MS Azure Cloud, Data Factory and Data Bricks
- MS Power BI or similar tool
- Maintains proficiency and expertise in MS SQL Server Components (Query Analyzer, SSRS, SSIS Analysis Server, Stored Procedures, Jobs, and Functions)
- Practical experience programming in Python or similar tools.
- Capable of programming in SAS, SQL Query Construction or other programming languages.
- Experience creating and maintaining stored procedures, tables, views, indexes, etc that support the software and analytics development
- Demonstrates strong mathematical, statistical, financial, technical, interpersonal, organizational, project management skills, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Evidence of independent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively handle numerous priorities simultaneously.
This position requires the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, remain effective under stress, and work hours outside the range of the regular schedule.
We are committed to the health and wellness of our employees. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, generous paid time off, 403b savings plan, lucrative pension plan, tuition reimbursement, and more! Learn more about our benefits. If interested, please apply online at https://www.mainlinehealth.org/careers , Job ID 59501
We are an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. Main Line Health celebrates our differences and our similarities. Learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion culture.
Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please, no agency calls